blue screen, silver screen

A modest journal of movies, television, video, fame, shame, books, arts and entertainment.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Repo Man


I know a guy who worked as a repo man in the American Southwest. He would repossess anything, this guy, not just cars. He repo'd horse saddles, for example. Anything of value was subject to repossession. Even somebody's wife.

That's bizarre, but not as strange as the film Repo Man. It's Alex Cox's anti-nuclear, anti-evangelical, anti-conservative, punk rock science fiction 80's masterpiece. Here's the trailer. Here's a choice clip from a kind soul on Youtube.

And now, a little music from the film:

Repo Man - Iggy Pop

Harry Dean Stanton is the man.

3 Comments:

Blogger jonder said...

Iggy doesn't get much love in the blogosphere these days. Thanks for these two posts! I have an MTV broadcast on VHS somewhere of an Iggy concert from his Blah Blah Blah tour. Did you hear Frank Black's recent cover of "Repo Man"?

5:38 AM  
Blogger Django West said...

Hey you're welcome Jon. I'm also surprised there aren't more Iggy posts to be found. I didn't know about the Frank Black cover either. I bet it's really good. I think Frank also wrote a song about Iggy on his first solo LP, right? Or am I high?

7:59 AM  
Blogger jonder said...

Maybe you're right AND you're high.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home